Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet


http://dixieoutfitters.com



Southern Heritage Alerts: My final email to these folks

8/5/11

My final email to these folks

Bowdon Area Historical Society

Regarding the 150th anniversary of the creation of Cobbs Legion, Company 'B' Bowdon Volunteers:

I have not heard back from any of the numerous messages I have sent to y'all, and am very curious why not.

It is a solemn yet proud moment in Bowdon's history, and I was so looking forward to y'all's taking the lead in marking this event, as is your mission. I understand it is Confederate History, and some people are ashamed of those roots.

I would just like to report to y'all that on July 27th, 2011 I was over at the BAHS building in hopes y'all had something going on to pay tribute to Bowdon's Confederate Veterans. Sadly though, the gate was locked, noone was around, and there was NOT EVEN A CONFEDERATE FLAG on the pole out back over the graves ! I took a picture of the sadly empty flag pole.


So, beginning at 11:00 am, I marched in my Confederate Uniform carrying a 1st National Confederate Flag - that I had brought for honoring that special day - from the front gate of BAHS thru the BHS parking lot down the sidewalk thru town till I got to the little city park across from Wendys.

I stood there waving to traffic, posed for pictures, and talked many curious passersby. I told them of the historical significance of the date, and got many thumbs up and thanks.


One person actually asked me if some display would be set up at the BAHS or a reenactment in Bowdon, but I told them I doubted it, that I had been sending emails and info to BAHS about it and never got a reply.

I stood there in my wool uniform in the 90 degree heat until my water ran out and left at approx 1:30pm.

Hopefully tomorrow, August 6th, 2011, the BAHS will have some parade entry or programme info to acknowledge the Bowdon Volunteers to the local community.


Thanks and God Bless
Billy Bearden

Contact Bowdon Area Historical Society HERE

5 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger barrycdog said...

Great Job, Billy

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Rick Myrtue said...

Give 'em hell, Bill.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Val Proto said...

This proves that our biggest enemy is not those who oppose us but those who don't care. Remember Revelation and the Lord's condemnation of the Church in Laodacia: "Because you are neither hot nor cold, I will spew you out of My mouth."

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Thank you for standing up for our Confederate heroes!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Billy.....for the Cause!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home