Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet


http://dixieoutfitters.com



Southern Heritage Alerts: Lake County, Florida Heritage Violation

6/7/07

Lake County, Florida Heritage Violation

Lake County, Florida Eustis High School Heritage Violation

Hey Chuck,

I was just wondering if you could possibly post this:

The other week at school I had gone up to the front office at my school because I was checking out. My older brother was on his way to pick me up. Well a couple months before that in March was my birthday and I got some Confederate flag jewelry. I had 2 necklaces, one bracelet, and earrings. Well the lady in the front office was black and racist. (not to mention that she didn't like me anyways) She told me to remove my jewelry and put it in my pocket, I had asked her why and she said because it was against school rules and she also did not like it. I calmly told her that it was not a racist symbol and she should not feel that way about it. She did not like this and told me if I did not take off my jewelry "right now" she was going to call the deputy on me. I took it off and went to put it in my pocket like she said to and she told me that she was going to confiscate my jewelry and I was to not have it back until my brother got there. She took all my jewelry and put in in an envelope. I have reason to believe that she as just after me because I was already checked out of school and the "unwritten" policy says if you are checked out there is nothing they can do or say about what you wear. So she had no reason to take my things away from me. This is why I believe she was just after me. I had already called my mother by this time. My mom had called the school and asked the lady why she had taken my things from me and she said it was against school rules and she was offended by it. She hung up the phone on my mother and looked at me and said "Next time Katelynn make sure you tell her the whole truth instead of what you wanted to tell her." I told her that I did tell her the truth and that she was the one that was lying to my mom. By this time I was not a happy camper. I called my brother off of my cell phone and told him what was going on. He was mad, yelling, screaming, cussing, thank God I put my phone on silent!!! I got off the phone with him and my mom had called me back. As I was talking to her the office became full of students. Well the lady decides to yell at me telling me since I'm still on school grounds I'm not allowed to be on my phone. I couldn't even tell my mom that I had to go; she made me hang up on my mom and turn off my phone!! A black girl had walked in the office and started talking on her phone and the lady didn't say one word to her. So I decided to turn my phone back on and call my mom. She did not like this and told me to turn it off and I told her that if this girl can talk on hers then I'm going to talk on mine. Just then my brother had got to the school. I asked her for my jewelry and she handed me my things. But, before she did that she made me point out who my brother was. Well when I did she got even madder. You see my brother drives a Ford Ranger with a 3" lift on it. On the back window he has the American flag fading into a Confederate flag. He stepped out of the truck and he was wearing Wranglers and boots (like always). He also always wears a camo and Confederate hat. Yeah she didn't like that. In the end I did get my things back. But every time I would go up to the office for something she would walk away and have some one else take care of me. I would like to do something about this but its summer now so I don't know if there is much I can do now. I just wanted to let everyone know how screwed up Lake County schools are. NEVER SEND YOUR CHILD TO ANY OF THESE SCHOOLS!!! Unless you want an unfair education.

The lady's name that did this to me is a office worker Mrs. Daniellle Arnold, at Eustis High School. The number is 352-357-4147. Not sure if any one wants it or not but if you do there it is.

Katelynn

**********

Please contact the school about this hateful person's uncalled for attack on a child and her heritage.

Contact E-mails here


Eustis High School
1300 Washington Avenue
Eustis, FL 32726
Main Office: 352-357-4147
Fax Number: 352-357-7449

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home