Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet


http://dixieoutfitters.com



Southern Heritage Alerts: And lincoln is on the u.S. $5 dollar bill!

4/17/06

And lincoln is on the u.S. $5 dollar bill!


Petition seeks to change Jeff Davis campus name
Story HERE

"This is my first year going to JD," Be said. "I was embarrassed to tell people that I went to a school named after a man like Jefferson Davis. His ideals and his ethics don't reflect ours."...Well why didn't he go elsewhere!?...I think you know.

"The siblings' father, Ishmael Be, wrote the petition for them, and included a quote that Davis allegedly wrote in a letter to someone in the early 1860s.

"I recognize the Negro in the way that I believe God, God's book and God's laws - in nature - tell us to recognize him: as our inferior, fitted expressly for slavery," the letter said.

Genesis Be said it's that part of the petition that persuades students to sign."

My goodness!.... and lincoln is on the u.S. $5 dollar bill!

I have no purpose to introduce political or social equality between the white and negro race. There is a physical difference between the two which probably will forever forbid their living together on the same footing of equality. I, as well as any other man, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position. I have never said anything to the contrary. A.Lincoln

I am not in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes,or of qualifying them to hold office....
A.L...9/15/1858

I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery...
A.L 3/4/1861

If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, letter to Horace Greeley,
A.L...." 8/22/1862

"What I would most desire would be the separation of the white and black
races." Abe Lincoln: From a speech in Springfield; 17 July 1858

"We didn't go into the war to put down slavery, but to put the flag back; and to act differently at this moment would, I have no doubt, not only weaken our cause, but smack of bad faith..." Abraham Lincoln.

The above be just a few quotes "not alleged" of racist Lincoln!...Great emancipator and savior of the Blacks...PoP

MELISSA M. SCALLAN
Sun Herald

Jeff Donahoe
Jefferson Davis Campus
Dean of Student Services
Jefferson Davis Campus
Key College Contacts HERE

MGCCC
Jefferson Davis Campus
2226 Switzer Rd.
Gulfport, MS 39507
Telephone: 228-896-3355

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home